Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Monday, August 26, 2013
|Outside of the Mirage|
Howdy Folks! So this past June, I spent 4 wonderful days in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. I can honestly say I had the time of my life! I made some some great new friends, (Entry coming soon about NEW FRIENDS, Drake is a joke!) celebrated the union of 2 wonderful people and just had an all around exciting, care free time.
I was invited by my friend Jackie to attend the wedding of her friends Cynthia and Steve. Total, there were about 20 awesome people that attended to celebrate the joyous occasion. We all had an absolute ball. We pretty much partied and acted a fool the entire time! If you have never been, I highly suggest you add this memorable place to your "to visit" list ASAP. Make sure you plan to get extremely intoxicated and have the most fun you could ever imagine! I would suggest going with a group of at least 4 people so expenses can be split, because it can get expensive if you want to "do it big", and the more the merrier. My wonderful friend Jackie is originally from Chicago and all of the people that attended were as well, and when I tell you they know how to party, We showed out! I can't wait until we visit Vegas again next year as we have already planned our voyage. Although we didn't get to do any site seeing due to extreme foolery and party exhaustion, I can suggest some great restaurants and clubs to hit up while you are there. Every event we attended was uniquely extravagant so make sure to check them out when you make the trip. Below I have included links that will have you well on the was to planning your whole vacay!
Grand Luxe Cafe- Think of Cheesecake Factory on a low dose steroid. Check out the Menu.
Cravings Buffet- Located inside of the Mirage; this is the first time in my life I had crab legs that were already split open. Hallelujah! Every dish I tried at this buffet tasted as if Jesus himself prepared it. We also went a 2nd time during Breakfast, which included unlimited mimosas!
|Partying in the pool at Tao Beach|
Tryst- This was the first nightclub we attended of the trip, and this club is simply amazing!
The outdoor area is unbelivably beautiful and dancing on what feels like the lake with a waterfall in front of you gives you an out-of-body-experience feeling. I thought I was Beyonce on the beach
in the Baby Boy video!
These are only a couple of the hundreds of clubs and restaurants to visit in LV. If you've been before, what are some of you favorite spots?
Sunday, August 25, 2013
I don't think I've ever met anyone that doesn't like pizza. If you are one of those people, please let me know what planet you're from! While pizza may be a fave of many folks, it is very fattening and when done just right, (for me: bacon, sausage, pepperonni, banana peppers, onions, and don't tell me Hungry Howies. 2 words- BUTTER. CHEESE.) packs a bazillion calories. Try this under 500 calorie alternative:
|Very easy to store in a Tupperware for lunch!|
- Low calorie tortillas
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Veggies of your choice
- Meat of choice ( I like to use turkey pepperoni and turkey breast slices)
- Low Calorie spaghetti/ pizza sauce
|Turkey Pepperoni. 40 calories for 6 slices!|
Instructions: (For the people who are from a different planet)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray cooking sheet with olive oil non-stick spray
- Spoon out about 2 table spoons of sauce on each tortilla and spread evenly
- Add veggies, then cheese and the meat on top
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
|Mushroom, Spinach, Turkey, Peppers and Onions and Mozzarella|
Egg White Breakfast Muffins
- 2 1/3 cups egg whites ( A dozen eggs = 2 1/3 egg whites)
- Veggies of choice ( whatever is in my fridge., check your grocer's freezer aisle for this 3 pepper and onion blend.. I use it almost everyday!)
- Meat of choice ( I use turkey breast lunch meat, its easy since its already cooked and lo cal.)
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese of your choice (I love sharp cheddar, but mozzarella is the best low cal option)
- 3 tablespoons of skim milk or almond milk (makes the muffins fluffy)
- salt pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 12-cup muffin tray with nonstick cooking spray (Olive oil), or you can line with muffin cups.
- In a bowl whisk egg whites, eggs, seasonings and milk.
- Fill each muffin 1/2 way with egg mixture.
- Place veggies, cheese and meat of choice in each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. You can check if they are done by sticking a tooth pick in the muffins, they are done when the tooth pick is removed and clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from tray
Since I eat these on the go, I package 2 in a sandwich baggy for easy access in the fridge, microwave for 30 seconds, and there you have a healthy, quick breakfast for the rest of the week! (or snack.)
Friday, August 23, 2013
A nice sumer dress paired with fun wedges will always be appropriate for any occasion. This day I was headed to dinner for my birthday with some friends!
Shoes- Jessica Simpson
Both from TJ Maxx, sorry no link.
My purse was inside, (I promise I will get better at this)
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Since my birthday was such a milestone age, y'all know I had to celebrate in style! I had an awesome party at PHX Lounge here in SA TX. It was a great venue! If you like the more "Grown and Sexy" crowd this is a must attend. They have live music up until 11pm, food, hookah, and they play great music. It is a HipHop / R&b bar so if that's also what you are looking for, look no further. Being originally from Detroit, I have plenty places to compare a great party establishment to. With that being said, the urban sophisticated party scene in San Antonio is very sparse. PHX is a hidden Gem so check it out. I had the time of my life celebrating with my family and friends.
"You make your own Heaven or hell."Very true. I am the only person in control of my life and until I actually reach the pearly gates I will give 100% to live heavenly on earth. Either you can continue to talk about it forever, Or take the necessary steps to be exactly where you want to be- Destination Felicity.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
No, but really. My middle name is Starr so I AM talking about myself, duh.
Happy Birthday to me and also to the newly updated Destination Felicity! Stay tuned for beauty and style inspiration, my healthy living journey, advice, tips & tricks, contests and giveaways!